D. Scott Rogo was a name that I kept coming across as I tumbled my way down the paranormal rabbit hole. Being a researcher of all things related to spirit communication, I collect many books about the subject. “Phone Calls From The Dead” was the first book of his that I owned. He was the Co-Author along with Raymond Bayless. I went on the get a few of his other books including “Haunted House Handbook”, “The Poltergeist Experience”, and “Leaving The Body”. I kept seeing his name not only as an author of books but also of articles that have been published in magazines and professional journals. He was also a consulting editor of Fate Magazine and wrote a regular column about parapsychology.
“Douglas Scott Rogo was born on February 1, 1950, and lived his entire life in California’s San Fernando Valley. He died in August 1990, at the age of 40.”
“Rogo never married and had no children. He was an active homosexual. In the last years of his life, he had been involved in AIDS research and had become an expert on the immune system, the subject of his final book, New Techniques of Inner Healing, published posthumously.”
“On Tuesday morning, August 14, 1990, he had worked at an AIDS hotline until noon.”
“On August 16, 1990, a neighbor noticed that Rogo’s lawn sprinkler had been running for two days and notified the police. They found his bloody body in the den, where he had been stabbed to death. The deputy district attorney said later that the murder was one of the most vicious he had ever come across.”
“There were no signs of a struggle although a number of Rogo’s personal items were missing and his wallet was empty. The police later arrested a 29-year-old Hispanic man, John Battista. After an initial mistrial, he was tried and convicted of Rogo’s murder in 1992. After lengthy appeals, his conviction was later overturned, due to prosecutorial misconduct, in 1996. His killer is still unknown and the case remains open.”
While researching the life of D. Scott Rogo I felt like he was trying to reach out to me through my ITC sessions. I would get the name “Scott” on occasion and I would just have this feeling like he was trying to tell me something. I did a series of Visual ITC sessions using a variation of the Video Feed-back Loop method where I would ask for Scott Rogo to come through and show himself. I did recieve a couple of faces that I believe resemble that of D. Scott Rogo. I also did a session unsing the Visual ITC feature on the Spiritus Ghost Box app. I was using the screen capturing feature of my tablet to take photos. In one of the photos it looks like it could be the upper half of his face.
Next I tried to contact him using a few different ITC apps. The first two sessions I didn’t receive any messages or communication. On the third attempt I took a different approach. I asked for my spirit guides/spirit team to help me contact Scott Rogo. In this third session I do believe contact was made about D. Scott Rogo from my guides.Although I think I was able to establish a brief connection with him, my guides confirmed that he wasn’t able to speak at this time.
The Parapsychology Foundation created an award called the D. Scott Rogo award.
“The Rogo Award was established in honor of the generosity of the late D. Scott Rogo, parapsychologist and prolific writer.”
Books authored by D. Scott Rogo
- NAD: A Study of Some Unusual “Other-World” Experiences. New York: University Books. 1970.
- A Psychic Study of “The Music of the Spheres” (NAD. Volume II). Secaucus, NJ: University Books. Inc. 1972.
- Methods and Models for Education in Parapsychology. Parapsychological Monograph No. 14. New York: Parapsychology Foundation, Inc. 1973.
- The Welcoming Silence: A Study of Psychical Phenomena and Survival of Death. Secaucus, NJ: University Books. 1973. An Experience of Phantoms. New York: Taplinger Publishing Company. 1974.
- Parapsychology: A Century of Inquiry. New York: Taplinger Publishing Company. 1975.
- Exploring Psychic Phenomena: Beyond Mind and Matter. Wheaton, IL: Theosophical Publishing House. 1976.
- In Search of the Unknown: The Odyssey of a Psychical Investigator. New York: Taplinger Publishing Company. 1976.
- The Haunted Universe: A Psychic Look at Miracles, UFOs and Mysteries of Nature. New York: New American Library. 1977.
- The Haunted House Handbook. New York: Tempo Books/Grosset & Dunlap. 1978.
- (Ed.) Mind Beyond the Body: The Mystery of ESP Projection. Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England: Penguin Books. 1978.
- Minds and Motion: The Riddle of Psychokinesis. New York: Taplinger Publishing Company. 1978.
- The Poltergeist Experience. Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England: Penguin Books. 1979.
- (Ed.) UFO Abductions: True Cases of Alien Kidnappings. New York: New American Library. 1980.
- ESP and Your Pet. New York: Tempo Books/Grosset & Dunlap. 1982.
- Miracles: A Parascientific Inquiry Into Wondrous Phenomena. New York: The Dial Press. 1982.
- Leaving the Body: A Complete Guide to Astral Projection. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1983.
- Our Psychic Potentials. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1984.
- The Search for Yesterday: A Critical Examination of the Evidence for Reincarnation. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1985.
- Life After Death: The Case for Survival of Bodily Death. Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England: Aquarian Press. 1986.
- Mind Over Matter: The Case for Psychokinesis: How the Human Mind Can Manipulate the Physical World. Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England: The Aquarian Press. 1986.
- On the Track of the Poltergeist. Englewood Cliffs. NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1986.
- The Infinite Boundary: A Psychic Look at Spirit Possession, Madness, and Multiple Personality. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company. 1987.
- Psychic Breakthroughs Today: Fascinating Encounters with Parapsychology’s Latest Discoveries. Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England: The Aquarian Press. 1987.
- The Return From Silence: A Study of Near-Death Experiences. Wellingtiorough, Northamptonshire, England: The Aquarian Press. 1989.
- Beyond Reality: The Role Unseen Dimensions Play in Our Lives. Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England: The Aquarian Press. 1990.
- Coauthored books
- Rogo, D. Scott, and Raymond Bayless. Phone Calls From the Dead. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1979.
- Rogo, D. Scott, and Jerome Clark. Earths Secret Inhabitants. New York: Tempo Books/Grosset & Dunlap. 1979.
- Druffel, Ann, and D. Scott Rogo. The Tujunga Canyon Contacts. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1980.
- D. Scott Rogo – Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._Scott_Rogo
- D. Scott Rogo – Occult-World https://occult-world.com/authors/d-scott-rogo/
- KT Dunn – The Life and Mysterious Death of D. Scott Rogo https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Life-and-Mysterious-Death-of-D-Scott-Rogo Nov. 8th 2019
- D. Scott Rogo – Hutchisoneffect http://www.hutchisoneffect.com/Friends/Fallen/D.%20Scott%20Rogo.php
- About the D. Scott Rogo Award – ParapsychologyFoundation, INC. https://parapsychology.org/about-the-rogo-award/